THE SHED: Available now in both eBook and Print!
As a Certified Mental Health Therapist, Scott Reid has his share of interesting experiences, though nothing compares with the time he spends with the psychic, Alex Elson. Plagued by terrifying images and dreams, Alex turns to Doctor Reid in the hopes of learning to control his visions. Instead, Scott is pulled into Alex’s world, where dreams and reality mix and nightmares are real.
Two young men, brothers, have been abducted from the lake outside of Oakton without a trace of who took them. That is, until Alex receives a silver pocket watch in the mail belonging to the elder brother, a taunt from the kidnapper for Alex to come find them. Alex’s visions turn at once into nightmares. Images flash in his mind of an abandoned well and a terrified, lonely boy slowly dying at the bottom. The shed looms close by, holding a horrifying secret, a dark place Alex’s frightened mind refuses to go.
With the help of Scott Reid, Alex endeavors to control his visions and find he brutalized victims before death claims them. But the watch is ticking away and time’s running out.
Read an Excerpt HERE!
Alex is twenty and confused. He always is. Severely abused as a child, he’s left with scars on his body and even worse scars within his mind. But from this pain he receives his gift of empathy, his ability to see and react to the strong emotions of others. When a serial killer moves into the area and begins to threaten those around him, Alex is compelled by his visions to rescue them. When he can, he helps the police, yet some detectives suspect he’s the cause of the problem, not the solution.
As Alex comes closer to uncovering the killer’s identity, his visions turn to nightmares. He hears the cries of the children, the screams of the tortured. Will the support and love of his friends be enough to get Alex through this summer of terror, or will he lose himself in his dreams and become yet another victim to the killer’s gruesome games?
If dreams become reality, what of nightmares? Read an excerpt HERE
Congratulations, Dianne. For anyone who hasn’t read it, I can recommend the book highly.
– Nik Morton-Editor in Chief: Solstice Publishing
I second everything Nik said, it’s fabulous!
– Martina Mercer-Lead Editor: Solstice Publishing
This is as near as I have come to someone else’s beating heart.
This story is a high adrenaline read and it is one that messes with your mind.
Ms. Hartsock masterfully weaves a heartbreaking story of pain, suffering, love and redemption, all the while giving the reader a mystery to solve and characters so rich that you can’t help but feel you know each one intimately.
Arts Alive Dianne Hartsock Interview
“Don’t tell me the moon is shining’ show me the glint of light on broken glass.”–Anton Chekhov
* * * *
What does one deserve as an Author?
So, what do you deserve as an author? In my humble opinion, you deserve:
- Self Respect- This is huge. No matter what is going on in your life, you did what few others have done. That is something to be proud of and something no one can take away. Like earning a diploma, it’s something you will always have.
- Proof that you can overcome great obstacles- If you can write a book, then you deserve to know that you can overcome any obstacles set in your path. The skill of overcoming obstacles is one that’s worth gold when you have tangible evidence you can do it.
- A legacy to leave to your descendants- 100 years after people leave this earth, there is little left as a legacy. A book is a way to live eternally to those who come after us. What a wonderful thought that your great-great grandchildren will read your words with pride.
To me, it all boils down to this: As an author, you deserve to be proud of your great accomplishment. So, get out there and do your best to persuade people to read your book and to help share it with others. The passion and knowledge you have about your book will help find those people just waiting to discover your book and the joy you have created between the covers.