With all the prizes up for grabs, your Easter basket will be overflowing with goodies!
So here’s how the hop goes each of the participating author below is going to run a contest on their blog for the readers to enjoy! So make sure you stop by all the stops on the hop. I know you won’t be disappointed!
Contest starts April 6, 2012 and ends April 8, 2012 at midnight.
Cream Cheese Mints
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 tbsp softened butter
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Food coloring (optional)
- Granulated sugar or colored sprinkles
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil or waxed paper.
2. Place the softened cream cheese, butter, corn syrup, and mint extract in the large bowl of a stand mixer (alternately, a hand mixer can be used). Beat until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
3. With the mixer on low, gradually add the powdered sugar and mix until the candy is well-combined. Taste the candy and adjust the flavoring to suit your taste. If you want to make different colors of mints, divide the candy into separate bowls and work the desired coloring into the portions of candy.
4. Using a spoon, scoop walnut-sized balls of candy and roll it between your palms into a ball. Roll the ball in granulated sugar or colored sprinkles. Place the ball on the prepared baking sheet, and use the palm of your hand or the bottom of a glass to flatten the ball into a patty. If desired, you can instead press down on the mint with the tines of a fork to create a pretty cross-hatching pattern on the mint. Repeat with remaining candy until all of the mints are formed.
5. Alternately, you can mold this candy by pressing small balls of the mint mixture into candy molds. After you have firmly pressed the candy into the mold, quickly pop it out and repeat with remaining candy.
6. Store mints in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. These mints are good straight from the refrigerator, or at room temperature. By Elizabeth LaBau
Prize time! I have 3 PDF copies of Nathaniel to give away to commenters who tell me what their favorite Easter candy is. Don’t forget to leave your contact info!
From the moment Taden rescues Nathaniel from the Sutherlin soldiers’ torture, he finds himself caught in the gaze of the most beautiful eyes he’s ever seen; amazing eyes that hold him thrilled and confused. The Sutherlins are planning to invade the beautiful Tahon Valley, but as Taden secrets Nathaniel from their reach, he finds himself drawn to the young man. Not only does he feel the urge to protect him, but he feels an ache he hasn’t felt in many long years.
Nathaniel claims to be a traveler from a distant continent, saying he comes in peace. True or not, the youth has powers beyond anything Taden has seen—control over men and animals and the very weather. Taden falls hard for the strange traveler, protecting him not only from the Sutherlins but from his own mistrustful people, who don’t understand Nathaniel’s powers and accuse him of being a witch…